MIPS port

Hi,

Recently I started porting RIOT OS to MIPS. My initial goal is to support emulated MIPS32r2 cores in QEMU. For now I verified that I'm able to run the examples/hello-world application:

main(): This is RIOT! (Version: 2016.03-devel-827-g89959-hppav-mips-malta) Hello World! You are running RIOT on a(n) mips-malta board. This board features a(n) mips_common MCU.

There's more work required to run other examples (I think I haven't got Makefiles entirely right as I hit some linking errors for other examples), but I was wondering if reaching the stage where all/most of these apps run on MIPS core emulated by QEMU would be good enough to create the pull request? Or perhaps I should come back once I ported it to the physical board? After QEMU this is my next step but it will happen much later...

Thanks, Leon

Hey Leon, we have a “WIP” label for PRs so if you have something that you deem presentable: go for it ;-). In general I always think its better to be transparent to the community about what you do. This way duplicate work is prevented and you benefit from input from the community.

Regards, Martine

Hey Leon, we have a "WIP" label for PRs so if you have something that *you* deem presentable: go for it ;-). In general I always think its better to be transparent to the community about what you do. This way duplicate work is prevented and you benefit from input from the community.

Okay, thanks! I'll come back with the pullreq as soon as I get the code into good shape.

Regards, Leon