Looking for a board with a humidity sensor

Dear recommending IOTlers,

I’m planning to build a simple application to monitor the humidity in our apartment. Obviously I want to use RIOT as a base for the software. Hence, I’m looking for boards that either provide a humidity sensor right away or are easy to extend with one (you know that I’m not the most talented soldering person…). For starters, it would be okay if the device operates with a fixed power supply but needs some networking support (either any kind of radio technology or Ethernet). I don’t really care for the features of the CPU as long it is supported by RIOT. I’m optimistic that I do not need more than a couple of kB for my simple application.

What would be your suggestions in terms of hardware choice?

Cheers Oleg

May I suggest the ruuvitag?

It’s small, readily available and well supported. @hauke has good experiences with bringing it’s power consumption down, and well configured it runs happily on a CR2032 CR2477. It’s a bit pricey (~40eur) though.

Hey Kaspar,

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 10:58:37PM +0000, Kaspar Schleiser via RIOT wrote:

May I suggest the ruuvitag?

It’s small, readily available and well supported. @hauke has good experiences with bringing it’s power consumption down, and well configured it runs happily on a CR2032 CR2477. It’s a bit pricey (~40eur) though.

sounds pretty cool. For two or three of them 40 bugs are okay - if I need more sensors I could still try with my MSB430s… :wink:

I suppose programming the thing works easy as well?

Cheers Oleg

panic (“No CPUs found. System halted.\n”); linux-2.4.3/arch/parisc/kernel/setup.c