is the msp430 still supported?

or did it get pulled?

if so why did it get pulled?

and what is needed for support?

thanks,

eric

the reason I’m askiing is I’ve been a principal on TinyOS and have been supporting the MSP430 (and its more modern variants). The main project I’m using it on is a mammal tag and have been thinking of moving to RIOT.

Hey,

or did it get pulled?

if so why did it get pulled?

and what is needed for support?

msp430 is still supported. Actually, we still consider it as a very important platform, also because it is the only 16bit architecture we support.

We're just now updating the architecture to use our current peripheral API, you'll see severel PR's for uart, timers and GPIO.

Not pulling msp430 support but still consolidating hardware abstraction was one of our key release goals. :wink:

Kaspar

When you say MSP430 does that include the CC430 that has the integrated CC1101? How similar is the CC430 compared to a MSP430 and CC1101? Are they 100% compatible?

Hi Adam!

When you say MSP430 does that include the CC430 that has the integrated CC1101?

Yes, it does. The cc430 is a MSP430 MCU.

How similar is the CC430 compared to a MSP430 and CC1101? Are they 100% compatible?

It's a long time since I worked with this SoC, but IIRC the main difference is that you can control the CC11X1 by writing directly into its registers on the cc430, while accessing it through SPI and GPIO in the non-SoC case.

Cheers, Oleg