CCN-lite with Arduino-mega2560

Hello, everyone.

I’m trying to play with CCN-lite with real hardware board (Arduino-mega2560) so, i followed the tutorial

[RIOT] cd examples/ccn-lite-client

then,

make BOARD=arduino-mega2560 flash

as tutorial says…

Below is the result of that command.

What’s wrong with it? and how could i fix it?

Thanks in advance

Changue

Hi,

The board you are using does not feature a transceiver. In order to use the network stack you need to configure a transceiver externally. Which transceiver do you want to use?

Cheers, Ludwig

Oh, Thank you! :slight_smile:

Actually i already posted my question but, At first i wanted to use ‘Ethernet’ with ‘EthernetShield + Ethernet Cable’

But i saw an mailinglist that current RIOT doesn’t support Ethernet… is it available now?

If not, can you recommend me some candidate of transceiver for Arduino-mega2560 ? I’m a newbie of this field ^^; Thank you very much!

Sincerely, Changue

Hi Changue, currently we the only support the xbee s2 module for arduino due, as far as I know. However this one is only ported for our new network architecture (which also provides preliminary Ethernet support via the encx24j600 chip) where there is currently no CCN-lite version for. We hope however to get this out for our next release at the end of this month.

Kind regards, Martine

Thank you, Martine!

It’s really helpful and interesting! As you answered, i think it’s impossible to make CCN-lite network with Arduino until now.

In paper, “Information Centric Networking in the IoT: Experiments with NDN in the wild” there are real environment testbeds with RIOT (MSBA-2).

What i wannted to do was similar things with Arduino-mega2560.

then if i want to make real envrionment CCN-lite testbed, MSBA-2 is only candidate until now for real environment CCN-lite?

Sincerely, Changue

Dear Changue!

In paper, "Information Centric Networking in the IoT: Experiments with NDN in the wild" there are real environment testbeds with RIOT (MSBA-2).

What i wannted to do was similar things with Arduino-mega2560.

then if i want to make real envrionment CCN-lite testbed, MSBA-2 is only candidate until now for real environment CCN-lite?

The answer is yes and no. Actually, you could use ccn-lite with any supported board using the old transceiver interface (module transceiver), but I would recommend to wait until it is adapted to the new interface, which should improve stability.

Cheers, Oleg

Thank you, Oleg!

Helpful comment! Regarding your answer, if i use CC1100 or CC2420 transceiver with Arduino-mega2560, could i test CCN-lite in real environment?

Sincerely, Changue

Hi Changue!

Regarding your answer, if i use CC1100 or CC2420 transceiver with Arduino-mega2560, could i test CCN-lite in real environment?

In theory yes, in practise, you would have to implement either a SPI-wrapper to run the old cc1100 or cc2420 driver on the new periph code for the mega2560 or adapt the driver code itself for the mega2560.

Actually, I think it is *not* more difficult and much more future-proof to adapt ccn-lite to the new netdev interface. I guess you will only have to change two files: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/net/ccn_lite/ccnl-riot-compat.c and https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/net/ccn_lite/ccn-lite-relay.c

I've recently implemented a very simple (and very undocumented ;-)) application that does some link-layer forwarding against netdev in

Maybe this could help (in addition to https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/tests/driver_at86rf2xx) as a blueprint how to code against netdev. Basically, you have to replace calls and IPC-messages against the transceiver module.

Cheers, Oleg

Thank you very much, Oleg!

and sorry for late response I’ll try as you suggested :slight_smile:

Sincerely, Changue