cc2650-launchpad support

Hello, I want to try RIOT on cc2650-launchpad. I’ve tried \examples\hello-world \examples\my_project \tests\leds

but none of examples doesn’t work. Binaries are compiled without errors: make BOARD=cc2650-launchpad. After flashing with TI SmartRF Flash Programmer 2 board doesn’t output text in UART, LEDs are not flash/blink. My launchpad is operable, working with Contiki. Anyone succeeded to run RIOT on cc2650-launchpad?

Hello,

have you tried it with “make BOARD=cc2650-launchpad flash term” - any UART output?

• Robert

Hi amid,

thanks for your feedback. I just tried the examples with the actual master.

Thank you Robert and Andreas, after programming with uniflash I see the launchpad is working. However another problem I have. Once I power cycle the board (reset button or re-attach USB) no leds blink / UART output, so I need to flash the binary again. Why it is happening? Is there any explanation why I can’t use TI SmartRF Flash Programmer?

Best regards, amid

Hello amid,

However another problem I have. Once I power cycle the board (reset button or re-attach USB) no leds blink / UART output, so I need to flash the binary again. Why it is happening?

I'm going to examine this when I have physical access to a board again (likely today).

Is there any explanation why I can't use TI SmartRF Flash Programmer?

I have no experience with this tool, because I run my toolchain completely under unix. Have you tried the config files under <boards/cc2650-launchpad/dist/>? The "ccxml" files should be platform independent for the TI tools.

Hi amid,

Hi Andreas, Thank you for reply. I’m not using command line Uniflash (unable to setup on Win10, any good guide?), so flashing with GUI version. With a first board I really don’t know why program was not executing after launchpad power-cycle. Doing the same operations with another launchpad - no problem. Any suggestion regarding “Keep CCFG data” in Uniflash GUI under Settings & Utilities, should I check/uncheck it? FYI: Later the first board I bricked by checking box “Binary” in Uniflash, same problem is described in TI forum https://e2e.ti.com/support/wireless_connectivity/low_power_rf_tools/f/155/p/551375/2024942#pi239031350=1

Best Regards, amid

Update to my last email. Once I flashed RIOT tests_leds.hex to cc265-launchpad with Flash Programmer 2, program execution doesn’t start. Then I flashed same hex with Uniflash and behavior described before (program executes once after flashing, but not executing after board power-cycle) reproduced. Maybe someone else could reproduce and clarify what is happening?

BR, amid