Border Router using tunslip error

Hello Riot.
My hardware is STM32 + CC1101, i was able to ping, send udp packet between
them. Now I trying to make a small example with 2 board, one as border
router connected to my PC via tunslip (using gnrc_border_router example),
and one CoAP server (using microcoap_server). My goal is to reach CoAP
server from my PC using Copper.

I do exactly step in gnrc_border_router README [1] section tunslip,
but in my PC i can't ping to border router or microcoap_server, using.

- ping6 2001:db8::2 (border_router)

- ping6 2001:db8::ff:fe00:5 (microcoap_server)

I was enabled debug in gnrc_tunslip.c and see it received and sent
packet normally, and tun0 RX,TX packet change in ifconfig when i ping.
Is there a step that I'm missing, please help.

[1]: [https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/examples/gnrc_border_router](https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/examples/gnrc_border_router)

Copy from my answer on users@riot.org (please subscribe to a mailing list, if you are writing to it, so you can read the answers posted to it):

Hello Riot. My hardware is STM32 + CC1101, i was able to ping, send udp packet between them. Now I trying to make a small example with 2 board, one as border router connected to my PC via tunslip (using gnrc_border_router example), and one CoAP server (using microcoap_server). My goal is to reach CoAP server from my PC using Copper.

I do exactly step in gnrc_border_router README [1] section tunslip, but in my PC i can't ping to border router or microcoap_server, using.

- ping6 2001:db8::2 (border_router)

- ping6 2001:db8::ff:fe00:5 (microcoap_server)

I was enabled debug in gnrc_tunslip.c and see it received and sent packet normally, and tun0 RX,TX packet change in ifconfig when i ping. Is there a step that I'm missing, please help.

[1]: RIOT/examples/gnrc_border_router at master · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub

Hi, did you checkout the newest version of RIOT (master)? The `example/gnrc_border_router` example was overhauled to use `ethos` (ethernet over serial-line) instead of slip. In addition to circumvent weird errors, because slip is address-less (and the only link-layer of that kind we support so far), it allows for multiplexing shell-input and ethos packets over the same UART. It also comes with a lot of tools for auto-configuration (see updated README).

Cheers, Martine

Can somebody help further?

---------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht ----------

Hi Martine First thanks you for your quick reply. I do as you say, cloned newest version and try ethos. Initially it was nice, i was able to ping between my PC and border router (2001:db8::ff:fe00:2b), In other board (gnrc_networking) it configure the global address automatically (2001:db8::ff:fe00:5). But when i ping to the other board form my PC i always received Hop limit ?. So i’m trying to ping between border_router and other board using global address (2001), the result is same. But when I change to the local address (fe80), it ping normally so the local address is working and global address is not ?. I think maybe it because I disable IPHC module(require for cc1101) and the address of cc1101 (8bit).