About the Endeavours category

As discussed during the VMA 2021.08, we are opening up a category to announce intention for endeavours in RIOT.

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• This will help unify efforts early on (ie. before a PR) for big concepts such as replacing build systems, reworking periph_timer, etc. By announcing it here first, others may be able to help or at least point into the direction of work already started.
  • How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• This more of a general information directory rather than having a specific area to focus.
  • What should topics in this category generally contain?

• “I wanted to get core working running only rust, any ideas”
    • “I started with abstraction layer X API but didn’t finish it, anyone interested in using the collected informations?”
  • Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

• This is a more generic version of the unsupported boards
1 Like

Can we make the first posts in the threads editable here? Shouldn’t be used for any new information (as it’s not available on the mailing list), but just having a short summary for those coming new into the thread might be practical.

I configured the category as such, that new topics should become Wiki Posts (which as far as I understood it is how this can be made happen). I also converted your topic into a wiki post.